Criminal convictions can cause you to go to jail or prison for weeks, months, or years. Furthermore, such a conviction can cause you to be put on probation or parole, require you to complete classes and pay excessive fines. But, if there is a criminal defense lawyer in Houston there, there is less risk that you will be convicted of the crime that you’ve been charged with. Never go to court to answer a criminal charge if there isn’t a lawyer there to defend you. Read below to learn five reasons to hire a criminal lawyer.
1. Attorneys can plan a proper defense to the crime that you are accused of committing. Without a defense, you could be up a creek without a paddle!
2. Attorneys know the law and how to defend you against the protection attorneys and those fighting to put you in jail.
3. When there is an attorney is representing the case in court, there is less risk of going to jail or prison or being convicted of the charges. The lawyer fights for your rights and to reduce the charges, get tem dismissed, or to lessen the consequences of the charge.
4. A lawyer is a legal expert who is comfortable inside of the courtroom defending you against law enforcement or the judge. He knows how to handle your case for best results when all is said and done.
5. A criminal conviction could turn your life upside down and keep it that way for years to come. Not only do you potentially face time behind bars if you are convicted, you also could find it difficult to get an apartment or a job and can expect others to judge you based off of the conviction alone.